Thursday, August 06, 2009

Leaving Residency

June 30, 2009


I have been hanging around the department for the past few days, going there in the pretense of me finishing my final paperwork, charts, faxes, etc. Although it's true that i have all those things to do, the real reason for my being visible there and sticking my head in every open office door, and making small talk with everybody, is that...i 'm gonna miss them all.

I bug Linda once last time for something sweet (she's diabetic but her office is full of chocolate/candies if you know where to find them). She gives me a pack of candies and shoos me out of her office because she has yet to finish the schedule for the next month.

I go to Becky's desk and ask her to teach me to work her fax machine even tho i knew how to do it. I go to Louis' office and, as usual he threatens me to " go empty your mailbox or else blah blah", as he usually does. i tell him i already did and he finally is happy (they know i check my mailbox once a year, during spring cleaning).

Next i pass by Ron's office and tell him i've completed all my online requirements, just for the heck of telling him. i don't want to argue with him this last day.

I drop by my adviser's office and spend a few minutes ranting and complaining about stuff, just like a regular day. But we both know i'm not ranting today because it is a regular day. I'm ranting because it is my way of saying goodbye. She gives me a tight hug, and it is enough to silence me.

It is 6pm. everybody else has left the building. I walk down the hallway one last time and take a picture of the place, which, in the past 3 years, i called home.

9 Comments:

Blogger arGlene said...

awww, that's sad. very. but anyways, congratulations on a job well done. i'm pretty sure they'll miss you too.

good luck on your next assignment! :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger The Scud said...

sad but sweet. goodbye is always tough. good luck sa next adventure mo!

9:56 PM  
Blogger lucas said...

hays...parting is such a sweet sorrow...

but the good thing about endings is that we get to start a new adventure.

so what's next for you, doc? :)

10:38 PM  
Blogger jho said...

lungkot ano?

10:07 PM  
Blogger atticus said...

teka, ano ang susunod? mag-aasawa ka na riyan? mag-aanak ng kambal? ano? ano na?

uwi ka na! tsk. ito naman oh! kailangan ka sa mindanao.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous totobear said...

dramuh.

1:55 AM  
Blogger my snow angel said...

u don't know me but i have been following your blog for more than a year now.. saw it first on my friend's link.. obviously i enjoy reading your posts..

congratulations and good luck on your next journey..

7:35 PM  
Blogger duke said...

Lene. yup, goodbyes are always sad. they'll miss me more, i bet. hehehe. thanks.

The Scud. salamat. mainit ang next adventure ko.

Lucas. buti naman di mo na ako tinawag na doc angelo ngayon. the next is here.

jho. malongkot na masaya.

atticus. ayoko, ayoko pumunta sa mindanao! wag naman dun!

totobear. madramuh nga.buti naman buhay na naman ang food blog mo.

my snow angel. hey! glad to know i got lurkers still. this blog is almost dead. i don't have the drive to write anymore. but thank you for dropping by. hope you check often. :P

11:43 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

God bless on your fellowship...

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter