Saturday, March 07, 2009

Last Leg of the Trip

Again, I'm sitting in the airport in SFO waiting for my flight.

Two weeks ago, i flew from Newark, NJ to LA just to see Disneyland. I'm 30 years old. I really did not want to go but i felt it obligatory that i have my picture taken in front of the castle. i thought it was a huge, gigantic, scary castle. it was not.


I have always wanted to come here when I was a child. It took 30 years for me to arrive.

It's blah for me now. I wish i had my niece and nephew with me. It would have been a lot more fun.

After my picture was taken..."tara, uwi na tayo. "



***

I flew to San Francisco to be with Dani and Jeremy. It has been about seven months since i last saw them. Dani was excited to see me. I was waiting outside the restaurant where we were having dinner when i saw the car park. The side door opened and out jumped a little girl. She ran towards me and gave me a big sloppy kiss and a tight hug. I have waited for this moment for a long time. I missed her very much.

While we ate dinner, she kept tugging at my sleeve to tell me stories. Knowing her, she did now want to show her excitement but she couldn't hide it either. Even in bed she would tell me stories. I would have to get out of the room and be out of sight for a while to get her to sleep.

Jeremy is running already. And he is so malambing. soo cute. Inday has new clothes although she has lost her lips.Mrs. Wong, the old lady who lives made a lot of dresses for her.

On my last day, Dani was having breakfast getting ready for school when i told her i won't be there when she comes home from school. She just nodded her head and proceeded to eat her cereals. She said nothing. A few seconds later, she was sobbing.

I picked her up and hugged her. I told her i'll be back and we'll have more fun together. I couldn't help but shed a tear myself.

I swear, i love this kid so much.

***


A few weeks ago, we tried our luck to get tickets to see WICKED on Broadway in NY. We couldn't get any. So, I went to San Francisco, to where it all started, The Orpheum Theater.

Wicked. It is about the untold story of Elphaba, the future Wicked Witch of the West, long before Dorothy dropped in.

A must see.






***
Bummer. Vacation's over.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Ang cute naman ng mga pamangkin mo. I'm sure they miss you terribly. It was a blast hanging out with you in San Francisco. Kelan ulit? By the way, okay naman ang kuha ko sa yo in front of Orpheum diba? :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger lucas said...

they are sooooooo cute and adorable! :)

wicked! i envy you dahil nakakapanood ka ng mga plays! maganda daw yung billy elliot na play?

---
ang ganda noh? it's from the "album leaf" instrumentals lang sila. ambiance daw yung tawag sa genre nila eh... hehe! 4 na yata yung albums nila...

3:58 PM  
Blogger jho said...

asus, nagpaiyak pa ng pamangkin. wala ka tuloy post sa holloween costume ni dani. hehe.
i miss my nephew and niece too. someday i'll be at cali to visit them. or they will be here at the Philippines to visit us. whichever comes first... hehehe

btw, oo lent na. Last Feb 25 kaya ang ash wednesday

4:46 AM  
Blogger atticus said...

waaah. naiyak ako kay dani. ganyan din ang pamangkin ko noong nagwi-weekend ako sa kanila. umiiyak pag papasok na ako sa office pag monday.

si jeremy, ang laki na. parang kailan lang, pinilit niyo siyang lumabas na sa tiyan ng nanay niya para maka-road trip kayo.

walang picture ni inday?

8:45 AM  
Blogger arGlene said...

You've a great vacation, I believe. That's is real 'breather'. And you're niece Dani is so sweet ha. :)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter