Friday, February 13, 2009

Travel With Me

I'm going on a long trip.

Why? Well...ermmm...well...just because.

I know! Because i'm a victim of the Hurricane hence i deserve a treat. There ya go. And i'm still homeless now, mind you. Plus, i finished my last inpatient hospital rotation! No more night floats! No more calls! weeeee!!!!

So i got online and booked multicity flights.

***

I'm at the Hobby Airport in Houston waiting for my flight to Dallas. I'm bored and this airport has got no free public wifi. I'm so cheap that i don't want to pay for wifi in the airport. I'll just type my entries and publish them once i get internet access on the road. The guys beside me work in a ship. I eavesdrop. Always.

"Anything for a job, man, anything."
"Yeah, a lot of guys i know have been laid off. "

And I think about the recession, the lay offs. Depressing. I went to buy me a McDonald's burger instead.

***

I arrived here in Dallas at about 3PM. My next flight is supposed to leave at 4PM but they said it got delayed for about an hour. They even changed gates. Bummer. I decided to eat an early dinner at Subway. Now my breath smells of onions. This airport has free internet kiosks. You need to have a cord in order to hook up your laptop though. Like who carries an ethernet cord with them nowadays? Argh.

I listen to the phone conversation of the old lady beside me informing her husband on the other end of the line that she'll be arriving later than expected because of the delay. They further exchange pleasantries while my eyes start to wander. Why is that guy wearing bright sky blue socks? I see this lady wearing an army uniform. Has she been to Iraq or is she headed there? I see little kids running, oh how cute. I start to miss Dani and Jeremy. This guy pushing a wheelchair smiles at me and says, "kamusta po!" I answer, "Mabuti naman, Kabayan!" I watch everybody. I love watching people. I used to do this during my USMLE review days at McDonalds in the Philippines. Everyone is interesting.

They're calling all passengers to board now.

***

I'm on the plane to Newark, NJ and I'm sooo sleepy. I keep yawning and keep smelling my onion breath. Good thing there's nobody but me in my row of seats. I try to listen to my ipod but the drone of the engine is louder. I turn on my laptop but there's no internet. Lady behind me is staring at me because i'm taking a picture of myself. I wish i could blow air on to her side so she'll smell my breath but i can't do that without turning around. I attempt to answer the crossword puzzle in the plane magazine instead. I hate flying. I'm hungry and American Airlines doesn't give you free food. Not even peanuts. They even charge $15 for your first checked in baggage. I don't understand this. They started charging you for your baggage when the price of oil soared last year. Ok, that's reasonable, maybe. But the price of oil has plummeted since! And these airlines still keep on charging baggage fees. At least Continental and Southwest give out those sweetened peanuts. Soutwest Airlines doesn't charge you for your first baggage. That's pretty nice of them. And they usually have the lowest rates too. See what happens when i'm bored. I start to rant. This is not good.

***

I landed at Newark, NJ Airport at around 9.30PM. I'll be staying with friends from college.
Goals for the 9 days: Watch broadway in NYC. Watch broadway in NYC. Watch broadway in NYC.

***
PS. I don't usually camwhore. It's just that i didn't have anything other pic to post.





10 Comments:

Blogger arGlene said...

Hey, there you are! :) That's nice, having a loong break. Enjoy your vacation! :)

What's wrong with your eyes at palagi mo ine-erase sa pictures? he he he Yung una mo namang pics dito sa blog mo hindi ah. :p

7:30 PM  
Blogger atticus said...

uy, ang payat mo na, duke. winner ka. congrats.

have fun sa bakasyon mo.

11:21 PM  
Blogger jho said...

ano ang secret mo sa pagpapayat???? tell me!!!! darn! half rice na nga ako every lunch and as much as possible, hot tea (with calamansi) lang ako sa gabi. Pero Im still heavy! Sheeez!

Enjoy your vacation!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

Puro smile, a.

Balik ka Pinas.

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kuya duke, enjoy the vacation!!!!


popoy

9:23 AM  
Blogger UtakMunggo said...

hmmmm... i guess the pictures are there to inject into everyone's consciousness that you've grown slimmer?

how'd you do it?

i didn't actually notice you were starting to rant until you mentioned it.

hope you're enjoying yourself.

3:21 PM  
Blogger lucas said...

seems like a very long day of traveling... hehehe!

enjoy your vacation. there are alot of camwhroing going on in the blog world so don't worry bout it. hehehe!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kainggit naman!

5:27 PM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

ang tsismoso. hehe. joke lang.

nakapanood ka na ng broadway?

enjoy your vacation :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger duke said...

Lene. Thank you. I will. I should. I'll try.

atticus. Langya ka!

Jho. wala akong sikret. wala lang akong pagkain kse homeless ako. hahaha. thanks.

Retro Manila. E di mag smile ka din. Gusto ko bumalik sa pinas pero ayoko din. heheh.

Popoy. Salamat! Bakit hindi linked?

Utak Munggo. No i don't think i really lost weight. hhahaha. and there are no interesting pics to post when you are in the airport, except my pic, maybe. hahahahaa! no, just trying out the macbook camera.

lucas. actualy i'm the first one to hate camwhores. hahahahaah. anyway, thanks. yea, i hate flying.

jo. wag ka mainggit. magastos.

tintin. oo, nakapanood na ako. sa wakas. thanks.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter