Monday, January 03, 2005

Rice

Sorry for not having updated my blog for the few days I was in the province. But I will make up for it. I have a number of photos taken during the holidays to last me a few days while nothing much is happening.


Taken in one of my dad’s rice fields. This is what got me through college and medical school. We are the people who dread storms more than you do, who believe that the soil is more than just dirt beneath your shoes, who give thanks to God for the sunlight and the just-enough rains. We are the ones who rejoice when the price of rice goes up. In my 26 years of existence, it’s only now that I get to see where my dad’s funds come from. My mom’s a government physician and earns just enough to get us through the day, while my dad’s money is set aside for the big expenses (like medschool) . And I chose to be a physician, dumb choice no? Now I want to be a farmer. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at last, you've seen one of your dad's rice fields. so are you pushing through with your plan of being a farmer? di ba yan naman plano mo after we graduate from med school, ang magsaka? =)

myra

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter