Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hooked

How long can you go without internet access?

Moonlighting in a small town in Batangas had me searching for internet access everyday. Seems like i cannot live without the web anymore. I found two computer shops, both with internet speeds of 33.6 kbps. i had no choice but to sit down and touch the keyboard with my trembling fingers to satisfy my craving. I desperately wanted to update my blog but unfortunately, the speed wouldn't allow blogspot to load despite several attempts (explaining the paucity of entries as of late).
with my predicament this i came to realize...
1. i check my 3 different email accounts at least 4 times a day
2. i check my blog at least twice a day
3. i do my blogroll at least twice a day (yea, i check your blogs and other people's as well, e-ve-ry-day)
4. i sign in on my yahoo messenger in invisible mode, but talk to every visible person in it
5. without my internet, i am idle and restless (since i my tv is still busted)
6. when my landline gets disconnected i shout at the costumer service rep on the phone to have it installed IMMEDIATELY OR ELSE.... (and i get my line back instantly)
7. i miss my IRC friends (virtual friends they are)
somebody...help me!! :p

10 Comments:

Blogger chumsychums said...

adik amp..pagamot ka na,doc!haha!:p

3:00 PM  
Blogger kero said...

malala na yan duke. tsk tsk tsk...

9:35 PM  
Blogger pknyc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo
i hear ya!
when my internet goes down, i get pissed and heads roll...

check out my page and maybe we can link blogs...

htt

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help you. We have exactly the same problem, the same addiction.
Thanks for the visit, Duke!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the reason why i don't want to be a customer service rep for an ISP company coz i give them hell when i have no access. LOL. blogging is such an addiction!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i know the feeling. i was a caffeine addict too...
that is before i learned about blogging...now first thing i do after getting up from bed is turn on the pc and check my page. BEFORE turning on my coffee maker!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and by the way that was me :) (forgot to type in my name before hitting it...) see what a caffeine-free morning does to me...

9:44 AM  
Blogger duke said...

chumsychums, adik ka din, tangengot.

kero, ikaw din, adik ka din. wag ikaila.

pknyc, me thinks we're all addicts. wahahaha.

bugsybee, atorni, kaw din??

evi, and you too??!!

naomi, ok, another one.

mei, hahahaha. take some caffeine first!

ok, lahat tayo adik adik. period.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Somnambulist Nocturnal said...

oh yeah, i felt like my weekend was incomplete when my PC at home got busted Friday morning. For some reason, I got addicted to reading people's blogs, and not being able to do so over a two-day rest would make me feel just as restless.

oh boy, i really need to schedule a home tech service...too bad I can't carry the darn tower (yep, i use a server tower for a home PC) to the nearby shop.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter