Thursday, July 28, 2005

used to...


I used to say, "I don’t see myself in a 9-5 job." I became a physician - 24/7.

I used to think that after I’ve earned my M.D. everything would go smoothly. I’m still struggling.

I used to say I want to help the poor. Now I am poor. But I still do charity.

I used to ask why people leave the Philippines. Now I’m taking exams to go abroad. But I still love my country.

I used to want to go to the barrios to serve. In the future, maybe.

I used to encourage the young of their dreams to become doctors. Now I just smile and tell them to think about it – a lot.

I used to think that medicine is a very noble profession. Now i understand why.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In His time Don, in His time...

You're working towards it naman. You will be rewarded for your "hardships". All these will come to pass...

Keep the faith!!! =)

11:54 AM  
Blogger kero said...

this is the path we chose. we are blessed we got here at all. Anonymous is right, we're gonna be rewarded...all in His time.

don't worry, may racket ka naman next week eh. =)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

PS: Halata bang lagi akong walang masabi? ahehe

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally understand don. my heart breaks whenever i'm reminded that ppl here need health care more than ever (and that reminder comes more often than not).

i guess in this life, everything comes in due time. i guess our calling as physicians in the philippines will come when we're ready. let's see this MLE opportunity as a chance for further studies so when we go back home (we ARE going back here, right?), we serve more coz we know more. and i guess it doesnt mean that we dont love our ppl or our country just because we're leaving. look at the OFWs diba?

for now, there is a higher call.

galingan natin lagi.

1:12 PM  
Blogger duke said...

friedwater, almost everyone, i think, feels that way.

anonymous persia, it wasn't supposed to be a senti post. i just came out like that. try reading it again in a livelier mood. you'll see.hehehe.

kero kero, cya soon!

van, hugs hugs.

candice, it's a sad truth. but ei, we can always look at the bright side. which one that is, i still have to find. :) galingan natin.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

oh well, like i said, let's cross our fingers...

7:05 AM  
Blogger kramer said...

nakanang tokwa!

words of wisdom na ba yan?!

aging?

4:56 PM  
Blogger algol said...

hahahaha

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Free Web Counter